[Shr-Devel] holiday comments
vanous at penguin.cz
Thu Aug 27 16:03:44 CEST 2009
i had used shr-u on holidays, last update probably 14th August and
have a few comments. please comment on issues where i could supply logs
or add a trac ticket to help to resolve.
- the nice new niebiee theme is great but makes sms unreadable outside -
black and blue in sms text don't really make good contrast... even
worse with sender name - gray and blue... how about leaving the blue
and what was black make white? would have to be tested... i went
back to the older theme again...
- opkg update; upgrade still offers whether to overwrite config files
and the default is N, but i often am not even asked in dialog, just
see it running over the screen *** frameworkd.conf (Y/I/N/O/D)
[default=N], is it a bug or a feature?
- wifi was a pain, so no comments here, i know the story...
- fsoraw makes this silly bug - it disables (probably any) resource
after finishing no matter what state was set in shr-settings (to
replicate: enable wifi, run for example fsoraw -r WiFi iwlist s, see
that wifi is off in shr settings)
- navit did a great job for me, finding routes, navigating turn by
turn, searching streets. only issue i had with flite not
having /dev/dsp and espeak being very, very slow (400m turn was voice
announced 200m before turn), is there any help to speed it up? i have
seen a post that router espeak to aplay, does it help?
- any gprs connect would cause phone apps to hang, reboot required, is
this a known bug, or fixed bug, logs needed?
- operator switching seems fuzzy now in 95% cases - you need to change
operator in shr-settings, then go to dialer and dial out, this will
force the operator change. used to work ok... logs needed?
- while cellhunter was occupying the fso gsm interface, i noticed, that
it would basically be able to hang it, after pausing cell collection
all would get to normal and i could collect again... the resource
should be able to sustain some load, or?
- i have been thinking about the new phone apps interface, but don't
see where to put my comments on the wiki page, so will just comment
- all lists (messages, contacts) should be based on definable
views, so people can actually define (via themes?) what they
want to see (i.e. in messages date, time, sender) and also
custom sort it.
- the example of search in contacts should really be expendable:
not only _begin_with_, but also _contains_ should be
supported, and also not only name should be search-able, but
any other field, so user can actually make a query that would
translate to something like: where name like %petr% and phone
like %+420%; to find all czech contacts containing petr
lots got changed in two weeks time... great job guys! :)
More information about the Shr-devel