[Shr-Devel] Building Qt before building an app (depending on Qtlibs) for shr with bitbake

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Wed Jan 13 00:22:39 CET 2010

> Hi,
> Does some one know the way to do when you want to make a new bitbake recipe
> for a new soft whitch depend on Qtlibs?
> You need first to build Qt obviusly, but how?
> For example I tried to build shr-unstable/openembedded/recipes/qt4/
> qt4-x11-free_4.5.2.bb
> ( before i did :
> bitbake -b shr-unstable/openembedded/recipes/qt4/qt4-tools-native_4.5.2.bb
> bitbake -b shr-unstable/openembedded/recipes/qt4/qt4-tools-sdk_4.5.2.bb )
>
> but it does not work.. filelog attached.
>
> Is there a roadway to build Qt without needing to build all its dependences
> manually ?
>
> Thanks by advance.
>
> Sylvain P.

Hi,

I have built it a couple of times now ;-)

Have you set up your environment correctly by sourcing setup-env?
cd shr/shr-unstable
. setup-env
bitbake qt4-x11-free

and the come back hours or days later...

If you are interested in some recipes I made for my programs, you can have a look here: [1]
litephone, qnavitctl, qsuunto-lite, simple-browser and stopwatch are all Qt apps

You also might want to add FULL_OPTIMIZATION_pn-qt4-x11-free = "-fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers -O2" - for me this solved some dbus problems concerning Qt on Freerunner.

Cheers,
 Christian

[1] http://git.senfdax.de/?p=oe_recipes;a=tree