[Shr-Devel] 2.6.37.6 as new default kernel for shr-unstable on om-gta0*

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Sun May 15 13:46:59 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 01:06:58PM +0200, Sebastian Görgen wrote:
> Dear JaMa,
>
> I've changed also to your testing repo.

Thanks :)

> I've seen the following things:
>
> First the downsides:
>
> 2.6.37 seems to be more critical on bad blocks in NAND. With 2.6.34 I used the
> NAND both with ubifs and jffs without any issues. Now with 2.6.37 I'll get
> error message like "ecc checksum error", I/O errors and so on. I had to change
> to boot from SD Card to get testing working

Are you sure it's caused by 2.6.37? did you also reflash new rootfs or
only changed kernel and opkg upgraded? because lately there were many
reports of ubifs/jffs2 not working after writting it with dfu-util, I'm
using nandwrite and both images ubifs/jffs2 are working for me.

GNUtoo reported that he had working images written with dfu-util only
after running nand scrub
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/NAND_bad_blocks#Clearing_BadBlocks

Cheers,