[Shr-User] Problem with e libs in shr testing

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Sun May 10 06:36:26 CEST 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009 10:04:56 +0200 David Garabana Barro <david at garabana.com>
said:

> On Tuesday 05 May 2009 00:32:56 Robin Paulson wrote:
>
> > rather than breaking everything, if we were to create symlinks
> > pointing from the expected name to the new name, that should work
> > shouldn't it? i'm sure some smart person here could come up with a
> > line of bash or two to generate the links?
>

> #!/bin/sh
> cd /usr/lib
> ls *ver-pre-01*|while read nombre
> do
>         final="`echo $nombre | sed s/-ver-pre-01//`"
>         ln -s /usr/lib/$nombre /usr/lib/$final
> done

all you are doing is to revert the work upstream is doing to try and improve
stability - but if that is what you want to do - feel free. we will also feel
free to ignore any bug reports or issues as we no long know what release your
built against.

we explicitly released a shanpshot with that version name/tage so we know what
you build against. don't blame upstream. we announced:

http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=news/show&l=en&news_id=3

on enlightenment.org's front page. if you choose to update to a sevnrev
somewhere in between you will get arbitrary soames as if you are using svn we
assume you are a developer and are regularly updating and rebuilding. if you
use a "Blessed" svnrev (or release tarballs) then you will be doing well.

i will do a similar rename of sonames and release of elementary later this
month along with a new snap of core efl as before (this time it will be 02
instead of 01.)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com