[Shr-User] Stable Release

Toni Mueller support-shru at oeko.net
Mon Mar 29 08:51:05 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 29.03.2010 at 01:02:59 +0000, Cry <cry_regarder at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As far as I can tell the word "stable" in reference to the 1 Apr release is
> going to be "stable" as in "Resistant to change of position or condition; not
> easily moved or disturbed" rather than "Maintaining equilibrium; self restoring".

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand.

> As far as I know, any plans for a stable SHR release around now involve renaming
> the old (last year's) SHR-testing to "Stable".  Granted, I ran my phone on that
> release for about 5 months...but you could have been running it for half-a-year
> now if you'd wanted to.

If this is of interest to any of you, my phone wasn't usable with
recent SHR-T. With SHR-U, I get to be able to have in- and outbound
calls at least most of the time, after rebooting the phone for up to
about half an hour until I get asked for the PIN. Eg. yesterday I was
unable to make calls for quite a while, because the dialer kept
crashing. After some time, the problem disappeared.

I have other quibbles with the phone as well that I'd like to see
resolved before I'd call something "stable", though.

If a commercial phone had the same error conditions, however, I'd
returned it long ago.

Other than that, I appreciate your work quite a bit, as it seems to be
the only free, open and at least somewhat stds compliant distro so far
that makes my phone almost usable (and which kicks Android out of the
race from my POV).

If you are interested, I'll assemble a list of problems from my limited
"user experience".

Kind regards,
--Toni++